Government-Funded Recruitment 2023 for Non-UK Teachers
The UK Government, under the Department of Education, has unveiled an opportunity for non-UK language and physics trainees and teachers. They are now eligible to apply for International Relocation Payments (IRP), which were previously available exclusively to applicants from around the world who were willing to relocate for teaching positions in English schools.
The International Relocation Payment (IRP) is financially backed by the UK government and offers non-UK trainees and teachers a sum of £10,000, in addition to a bursary or scholarship, to aid in their relocation. This financial assistance is designed to cover the costs associated with moving to the United Kingdom for the purpose of training and working as a language and physics teacher.
Here Are Things To Take Note:
- The IRP provides financial assistance to educators and trainees who wish to travel for training and employment opportunities in English-speaking regions.
- Applicants are invited from all over the world to take part in the opportunity
- A single payment of £10,000 is made to all qualified trainees and teachers
- Payments will be made around the end of the teacher’s or trainee’s first term.
- Eligible applicants will also receive a bursary or scholarship in addition to the IRP
- The IRP is an initiative of the UK government running as a pilot in the 2023 to 2024 academic year.
The IRP Payment is Worth:
- The costs of visas
- The immigration health surcharge
- Other relocation expenses
Eligibility for the Government-Funded Recruitment 2023 for Non-UK Teachers:
- The program is open to teachers who are willing to work for an English state secondary school on a contract beginning in the 2023 to 2024 academic year and must be either; a physics teacher, a general or combined science teacher (must teach the physics element of these subjects) or a language teacher (any language is eligible except English).
- To come to England applicant teachers must be eligible to apply for any of the following visas: Skilled worker visa, Youth Mobility Scheme, India Young Professionals Scheme visa, Family visa, UK Ancestry visa, British National (Overseas) visa, High Potential Individual visa, Afghan citizens resettlement scheme, Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy, Ukraine Family Scheme visa or Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme.
- Applicants must be ready or available to move to England no more than 3 months before the start of their job.
Method of Application for the Government-Funded Recruitment 2023 for Non-UK Teachers:
In order to seek the IRP, your initial step is to submit an application for a teaching position. You can find guidance on how to complete this application by clicking here. If you are a teacher or a salaried trainee who has commenced their teaching role or teacher training program, you should proceed to apply for the IRP through the Get into Teaching website. The application period for IRP opens on September 4, 2023.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.