European Commission Blue Book Traineeship 2022 Programme
The European Union which is often referred to as European Commission are inviting as they are also keen to welcome highly suitable and qualified applicants who wish to broaden their career path to enroll on their ongoing Blue Book Traineeship 2022 Programme.
The internship program proposes 2 types of traineeship: an administrative traineeship or a translation traineeship which open to all eligible candidates from all nations regardless their citizenship, regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin.
Trainees work all over the European Commission, its services and agencies, mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and elsewhere across the European Union. Subsequent career opportunities may vary between these different entities. The nature of your work will depend on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy, translation, etc.
Company/Organisation(s): European Commission
Program Duration: 2 years
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor degree, Masters & PhD
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022/2023 European Commission Blue Book Traineeship;
- Applicants must have completed a standard 3-year higher education degree (minimum EQF 6 Level), corresponding to a complete Bachelor’s cycle, or equivalent.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency.
- Have a very good knowledge of languages.
- For the administrative traineeship, you must have a very good knowledge of two EU official languages, one of which must be a working language: English, French or German at C1 or C2 level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. And a second one at B2 level at least as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- For the translation traineeship, you must be able to translate into your main\target language (normally your mother tongue), from two other official EU languages.
No points are awarded for the mother tongue and, therefore, no evidence of this is required.
If you have more than one mother tongue and wish to receive points for them, you can declare these in the ‘Other languages’ section of the application provided you can supply appropriate written evidence of this.
Additional points are given for:
- work experience
- international profile demonstrated through education, work or volunteering experience abroad, and aptitude to work in an international environment
- rare fields of study
If you are not selected you will have to submit your application again. The same process will apply each time but without guarantee that you will make it to the final stage.
Application Procedures for the European Commission Blue Book Traineeship 2022 Programme (How to apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to follow the below steps and ensure to submit the application on or before the deadline.
- Create a EU Login account or login with an existing one.
- Complete and submit the application form along with your supporting documents.
- If successful, you will be invited to check the openings published on VBB portal and apply for a chosen traineeship post.
- A copy of valid ID card or Passport
- University qualifications of studies completed before the deadline for applications.
- Proof of ongoing studies, university exchange programme abroad, participation in EU or international programmes, seminars or workshops.
- Proof of all declared language skills (other than mother tongue/s).
- All declared work experience.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022 at 12:00 midday (CEST)
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.