Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 for Changemakers in Sub-Saharan Africa
The Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 for Changemakers in Sub-Saharan Africa covers every other expense associated with the program aside from the travel expenses to Rwanda. Hurry now and submit your application before the application deadline as late entries will not be considered.
The “Changemakers for the Planet” programme is seeking applications from young people who are working to combat climate change, biodiversity loss, and air, sea and land pollution. They are looking for changemakers of all backgrounds, such as social entrepreneurs, innovators, social change agents, activists, and civil society leaders, to join the initiative and work together to address the planetary crisis. The programme values diversity and understands that the climate crisis requires a multifaceted approach from a variety of stakeholders working to both prevent and combat the effects of climate change.
Eligibility for the Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 for Changemakers in Sub-Saharan Africa:
- Applicants must be from Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte-d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older. Priorities are given to participants who are 18 to 35, but those outside of this age range are still welcome to join any of the other activities such as the Train the Trainer workshop, capacity-building programmes, or activities of The Possibilists.
- Applicants must be the founder, leader, manager, or intrapreneur of a functioning social or environmental organization that is actively working to address global issues.
- The Latin American summit will be conducted mainly in Spanish, but English and Portuguese will be available for non-native speakers. Participants should have a good understanding of Spanish to make the most of the summit. On the other hand, the Sub-Saharan African summit will be conducted mainly in English, with French translation available if needed.
- The application form must be completely filled out, with no unanswered questions or responses that are not enough to satisfy the requirements.
Benefits of the Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 for Changemakers in Sub-Saharan Africa:
Attendees of the Sub-Saharan Africa summit in Rwanda are responsible for their own transportation costs. ChangemakerXchange will take care of all other expenses, including lodging, meals, local transportation, facility and equipment rental, COVID-19 rapid tests, FFP2 masks, facilitator and host compensation, programme manager wage, carbon emissions offsetting, post-summit capacity-building programme and post-summit community engagement activities.
Application Deadline: May 22, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.