British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2023 to Study in Scotland
The British Council in partnership with the Scotland SGSAH are pleased to invite as well as welcome highly suitable and academically sound international students from all nations who wish to further their academic pursuit in the UK to partake on the ongoing Earth Scholarships program for the 2023-2024 academic session.
The scholarship program is a fully funded exercise, thus often considered as one of the most competitive postgraduate scholarship programme, and also open for international research collaborations between PhD and Early Career Researchers and Scottish Institutions. The awards also encompasses several benefits like allowances and stipends through out the study duration.
The British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships is aimed at promoting the role and interventions of the environmental arts and humanities, and the arts and cultural sector in addressing the climate emergency, and their capacity for interdisciplinary research within Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
The scholarship will create research opportunities and international mobility which will develop and support new approaches to address the global challenge of climate crisis, and support sustainable research and cultural interchanges within and beyond the arts and, humanities and cultural sectors.
The programme will provide scholarships for PhD and Early Career Researchers based outside the UK to come to Scotland to undertake in-person and hybrid exchanges for up to 3 months in 2023, in the area of environmental arts and humanities. The research placements will include an in-person 2-week cohort-building core leadership programme where all recipients will come together alongside Scotland-based scholars to network and collaborate in April 2023, supported by a set of thematically and geographically oriented Clusters.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023/2024 British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships;
- Applicants must be a PhD and early career researchers registered or graduated from non-UK university who are working with the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host higher education institute.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Early career researchers must be within 1 year of notification of award of their PhD.
Application Procedures for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2023 (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this opportunity are expected to complete and submit their application through the SGSAH’s online system on or before the deadline. Applicants must also provide necessary supporting documents which is listed below.
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training and development activities.
- A budget and justification of resources.
- A CV (up to 4pp).
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp).
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution (Head of Department or equivalent) (up to 2pp)
Application Deadline: 7th November 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.