Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024 for African Students to Study in UK and South Africa
The Beit Trust organization are pleased invite as well as welcome highly suitable African graduates who wish to further their academic pursuit in the UK or South Africa to enroll for their ongoing Postgraduate Scholarships scheme for the 2023-2024 academic session.
The scholarship program is a fully funded exercise meaning that no tuition fee is expected from every successful applicants, and also encompass other benefits and allowances, thus making it one of the most competitive Masters study program in the Britain opened for African.
The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor individuals with the passion to pursue a degree program. The partnership between the universities helps share cost thereby increasing the number of scholarships that can be funded by the Beit Trust. The Scholarships to be awarded is for the academic year beginning September 2023 for universities in the UK; and January 2024 for universities in South Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Scholarships Location: UK or South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023/2024 Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships;
- Applicants must be students from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi who are resident in and also intend to return to those countries on completion of studies.
- Applicants are to apply for a one-year taught master’s programme in UK university and two-year taught master’s programme in South African university.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2022.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2022.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
- Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2023/24 as a result of residual Covid protocols
Application Procedure for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024 (How to apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility are expected to submit their application using the Online Application Portal on or before the deadline and must adhere to the below steps.
For UK Partner University applications:
- Make your application for admission directly to one or more of the Partner Universities listed above, and only to those universities. Please apply via their websites, which will guide you.
- Notify the relevant university, as part of your study application, that you will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding.
- As long as the course/s you wish to pursue are available, you may apply to more than one Partner University at a time. Indeed, we recommend you do so, to increase your chances of acceptance, and to broaden the scholarship opportunities available.
- Once you have an offer from your chosen Partner University, you should apply as early as possible to The Beit Trust for a scholarship.
- Your application, with all the supporting documents, must be uploaded via the Scholarship application link, below in green.
- You need three referees: Academic, Character and Employer (as appropriate). They have separate and individual forms, the link for which must be forwarded to them by you, the applicant. The link becomes available once you have submitted your scholarship application form electronically.
- We prefer referees to use the link provided in the application form. If, however, they can only provide their reference by email, please forward them the relevant forms, which you can download below.
The completed forms must be returned directly from the referee via email to email@example.com
For South African Partner University applications:
Due to the South African University application process opening after our Scholarship application deadline of 20 February 2023, we will accept scholarship applications for South African Universities for the year 2024/2025 without a confirmed offer.
Please follow steps 3 to 7 above. Where you are asked to upload your university offer letter, please provide instead the details of the courses and universities that you will be applying for, in PDF format. Your scholarship application will then be considered alongside the applicants for UK universities, as part of the same entry year cohort.
The Trust will sift your application as part of our selection process. If you are successful and shortlisted for an interview, you will go to the relevant Beit Trust national selection Board.
If you are then offered a scholarship from the Trust – and not all those selected for interview receive an offer – you will then need to apply for entry to a South African Partner University (as set out in our website). You may indicate in your application that you have been awarded a Beit Scholarship.
Should you get an offer, we ask that you submit it to us as soon as you receive it. Should you not be successful in obtaining an offer, the scholarship will not, unfortunately, be available to you.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at a South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results (incl. certificates of importance and full transcripts).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal statement (no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry. Please ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies; and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the official website.