EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme 2023 on Sustainable Energy
The British Council and ECOWAS in collaboration with European Union EU are pleased to invite and welcome high intellectual students from all African region who wish to further their academic pursuit in Africa to take a chance on their ongoing scholarship programme for the 2023-2024 academic session on sustainable energy.
The scholarship program is a fully funded scheme and opened for postgraduate students pursuing their masters degree in the energy sector. The award varies and will include several benefits like stipends and living allowances through out your study duration.
The scholarship aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists in the field of sustainable energy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council, ECOWAS
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): West African Institutions
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme;
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division).
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university.
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage.
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval.
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme.
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme.
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Application Procedures for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme 2023 on Sustainable Energy (How To Apply);
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this opportunity are expected to complete and submit their application using the Online Application Form on or before the deadline, and must provide all necessary supporting documents.
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card.
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania.
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university.
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained.
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Application Deadline: 23 September 2022 at 18:00 WAT
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.