Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria
The Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria is funded by the Centre for Human Rights and Faculty of Law at the university to offer suitably qualified African students an opportunity to study a Ph.D. degree program in South Africa for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This Ph.D. scholarship provides financial aid to enhance the Centre’s Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme. It has been designed to explore the role of culture and criminalization in conversations surrounding sexual and reproductive rights in Africa. The scholarship covers tuition fees, travel, living expenses, and other related costs for the entire duration of studies.
The University of Pretoria is a public research university located in Pretoria, South Africa. Founded in 1908, the university is the largest university in the country and one of the largest in the continent. The university provides education in a range of fields, including law, engineering, the humanities, economics, science, medicine, and business. The university also offers various research programmes, as well as graduate and postgraduate degrees. UP is ranked among the top universities in Africa and is one of the most prestigious universities in the country.
SEE ALSO: Ambassador’s International Scholarship 2023 at Sharda University
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Centre for Human Rights and Faculty of Law at Pretoria
Host Institution(s): The University of Pretoria in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria:
- Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on the field of sexual or reproductive rights.
- Applicants must have excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Applicants must possess excellent proficiency in academic research.
- Applicants must have demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights.
- Applicants must have some familiarity with the African human rights system.
- Applicants must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Method of Application for the Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria:
Interested applicants should direct all applications and enquiries to Dr Satang Nabaneh at email@example.com and must submit the following documents below:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Brief motivation for applying for the scholarship
- Proposal of about 3 to 5 pages of the prospective LLD/DPhil research
- A sample of writing in the area of sexual or reproductive rights
- Copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s) and related academic transcript(s)
SEE ALSO: Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.