Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria
Interested applicants are invited for the Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria which gives selected applicants with high academic performance an opportunity to pursue a master’s degree program at the university without worrying about the financial responsibility involved with studying in South Africa for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Master’s scholarship is a renowned one-year program that brings together 25-30 talented individuals for six months of study in Pretoria and six months of study at one of 12 partner universities across Africa. Participants are educated by highly-regarded instructors in human rights and gain hands-on experience through various practical training activities.
The University of Pretoria (UP) is a multi-campus public research university in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa. The university was established in 1908 as the Pretoria campus of the Johannesburg-based Transvaal University College and is the fourth South African institution in continuous operation to be awarded university status. The university has grown from the original 32 students in a single late Victorian house to approximately 50,000 in 2020. The University was built on 7 suburban campuses on 1,120 hectares.
SEE ALSO: BMGA Foundation Fellows Program 2023 for African Women
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships
Host Institution(s): The University of Pretoria in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Up to 30
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria:
- Applicants must be from an African country.
- Applicants must be applying for a full-time master’s degree program at the university.
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest.
- Applicants must be Women, as well as members of minority groups such as indigenous people, LGBTI persons, and persons with disabilities, who are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be medically fit.
Method of Application for the Human Rights and Democratization Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria:
Interested applicants must follow the steps below
- All applications are handled via the online system Submittable.
- Applicants are to submit a complete application via the university’s online portal.
- See the guidelines for applying
SEE ALSO: ICIPE PhD Scholarships 2023 for African Students in Kenya
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.