ICIPE PhD Scholarships 2023 for African Students in Kenya
The ICIPE PhD Scholarships 2023 for African Students in Kenya is funded by ICIPE to offer suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue a Ph.D. degree program in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS) for the 2023/2024 academic session to receive a fully funded scholarship opportunity for the entire duration of studies.
The ARPPIS Programme aims to equip African youth with the tools and skills needed to be successful in research and development endeavors. Through a three-year course, scholars at ICIPE are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary setting. This Ph.D. scholarship program encompasses research, training, cultivating research partnerships, creating scientific publications, writing grant proposals, attending scientific meetings and conferences, and conducting strategic, innovative research in different agroecological zones.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ICIPE PhD Scholarships
Host Institution(s): International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Four
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the ICIPE PhD Scholarships 2023 for African Students in Kenya:
- Applicants must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with above-average results.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree above average.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree and must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Applicants must have completed the application form, a Ph.D. project abstract, and accompanying supporting documents.
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Applicants must clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Applicants must be staff members of a public university or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment.
- Applicants from less privileged regions or groups as well as applicants with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Method of Application for the ICIPE PhD Scholarships 2023 for African Students in Kenya:
Interested applicants are required to follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application Form
- Visit the online application platform to apply and upload the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of official university certificates and transcripts
- Copy of a signed recommendation letter from the employer
- Close-up photograph in the color of full head and upper shoulders
- Copy of Passport biodata page
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.