LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria
Individuals from across all African nations are currently welcome to submit applications for admission to pursue a Master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) with the help of the LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa (HRDA) is a highly esteemed and intensive Master’s scholarship program that spans over one year. It offers a unique opportunity for 25-30 outstanding individuals to participate in the course, spending six months in Pretoria and another six months at one of the 12 partner universities situated throughout Africa.
The HRDA program offered by the Centre for Human Rights serves as the central hub for the African regional program within the Global Campus of Human Rights. The Global Campus of Human Rights is a worldwide network of universities supported by funding from the European Union. This network operates through the collaboration of seven Regional Programs, each located in Venice for Europe, Sarajevo/Bologna for South East Europe, Yerevan for the Caucasus, Pretoria for Africa, Bangkok for Asia-Pacific, Buenos Aires for Latin America and the Caribbean, and Beirut for the Arab world.
The University of Pretoria is a prominent higher education institution located in Pretoria, South Africa. It is one of the largest and leading universities in the country, known for its academic excellence and research contributions. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including arts, sciences, engineering, commerce, law, health sciences, and more. It has a diverse student body and a vibrant campus life, with numerous facilities and resources to support student’s academic and extracurricular pursuits. The University of Pretoria is committed to providing quality education, fostering innovation, and making a positive impact in the community and beyond.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Host Institution(s): University of Pretoria in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: 25 to 30
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria;
- Applicants must come from the African region.
- Applicants must be enrolling in a Master’s degree (LLM/MPhil) in Human Rights.
- Applicants must be ready to enroll in a full-time program.
- Applicants must be graduates and become members of the HRDA Alumni Association whose 537 members are currently active in the full spectrum of human rights work.
- Applicants must be in possession of a first degree in Law or an Honours degree relevant to human rights and democratization.
Program Aim and Benefits;
- Expand collaboration among African universities
- Develop a relationship between the African Masters and the other regional masters.
- The University of Pretoria aims to educate and equip individuals with expertise in human rights, enabling them to pursue careers in governmental ministries, as well as national, international, and regional organizations focused on human rights and democracy.
Method of Application for the LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation Scholarships 2023 at University of Pretoria;
The application process to study at the University of Pretoria is conducted entirely online. Applicants are required to submit their applications through the online system. It is important to note that all uploaded documents must be in typed format.
- Previous academic records/transcripts
- Previous degree certificate(s)
- Copy of bio-data page of passport
- A good quality photograph of yourself
- For applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1, or IELTS Test certificate.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.