The Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School 2023
The Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School 2023 is an annual summer school forum where students from every corner of the Commonwealth discuss multidisciplinary issues of global importance. The summer school forum was established in 2011 with the aim to mix local and regional students with their peers who may have not ever had the opportunity to leave their home country.
The Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School is a life-changing opportunity for every student across the Commonwealth who is looking to excel in the following areas below:
- Talks by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
The Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) is the world’s oldest international network of universities with its mission to promote and support excellence in higher education for the benefit of individuals and societies throughout the Commonwealth and beyond.
Eligibility for the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School 2023:
- Applicants must be current postgraduate students and final-year undergraduate students at ACU member universities.
- Applicants must be studying a subject that explores themes related to truth and reconciliation or with a personal interest in truth and reconciliation.
- Applicants must be from a Commonwealth member state.
Benefits of the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School 2023:
- Accommodation on campus
- Meals on campus
- Social activities and excursions
- Economy return flights to and fro applicants’ home country to the university
Method of Application for the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Summer School 2023:
Applicants are required to submit a detailed academic reference from a lecturer or supervisor at their current university of study who is familiar with their recent academic work. The academic reference must be submitted on an official university-headed paper, signed and dated after 5 December 2022, and refer to the applicant’s suitability to attend the ACU Summer School.
Applicants are required to submit responses to the following questions below:
- Describe your motivation for wishing to participate in the ACU Summer School 2023 and what you will contribute to and gain from the event.
- Explain how your interests or achievements, work experience, volunteering experience, and studies fit with the themes of peace, truth, and reconciliation in your context.
- Choose the UN Sustainable Development Goal which best relates to the subject you are studying or researching and explain why it is important that this goal is achieved using an example from your own country.
- Describe how you plan to share the knowledge and experience gained at the ACU Summer School with your university and community after the event.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.