Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2022 at South African University
The Canon Collins Trust in collaboration with Sol Plaatje Educational Project are inviting highly intellectual students in Some African countries to take on their ongoing opportunity to further their academic carrier in South Africa for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme is a fully funded one and often considered as one of the best masters scholarship program by the charity organisation, though the award covers both PhD applicants for research. The organisations will provide funding for the both masters and PhD programs up to 2 years, and will continue depending on the satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorization. Applicants are urged to use their judgement in assessing whether to apply. But applications that clearly do not fall within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award. In 2023, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Canon Collins Trust and Sol Plaatje Educational Project
Host Institution(s): South African University
Scholarship Worth: R20,000 – R100,000
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships;
- Interested applicant must be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- Interested applicant must be normally resident in one of the above countries
- Interested applicant must be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Interested applicant must be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
In 2023, we will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
- Education policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines.
Application Process for the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2022;
Interested applicants who meets the above eligibility for this scholarship are expected to complete and submit their application using the Online Application Form on or before the application deadline.
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.