Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program 2022 for African Women
The Government of the Canary Islands is calling on high intelligent African women who wish to further their academic pursuit in Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC) to dive into their ongoing Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme is aimed at empowering and providing financial support to African women who have shown financial needs in their academic pursuit. The application is purely online and any offline application will be consider as void. Through this call, language courses, short university courses and specialized courses are offered and these women will be privileged to learn new language especially Spanish since most of the studies are taught in this language, though some are also taught in English or French. All of them will be taken online and will be delivered between August and December 2022.
The 2022 call includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of the Canary Islands
Host Institution(s): Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC)
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Not specified
Nationality: African Women (Students)
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program;
- Interested applicant must be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Interested applicant must be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested (see detailed information of each scholarship).
- Interested applicant must have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Interested applicant must fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship he or she is applying for.
- Only one application per person will be allowed.
Application Process for the Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program 2022;
Interested applicants who meets the above eligibility criteria above are expected to apply for this opportunity by registering on the platform. The procedure to register is the same as in previous editions. If you are already registered, you can use the same username.
Have a look at the available scholarships and click on the button “Apply”. A form will be shown and you will have to fill in all your details and attach the requested documents. We suggest you read the form in detail and have all the information/documents prepared before completing it. In the form, you must select a single course.
1. National identity card/Passport
2. Photo (.jpg format preferably)
3. CV (Previous education, professional experience, languages spoken)
4. University Degree (as required)
5. Academic Record
6. Motivation letter
You must describe your professional competences and personal motivation: the reasons to take the study program you are applying for, what you can offer to the programme and the host University, and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate. You must be able to instil the readers’ interest and convince them of your suitability for the scholarship.
It must be addressed to the host University and must show your interest and reasons for obtaining it.
The text has to have spacing (1.0) and normal margins.
Size: only one sheet, on one side.
- The writing language must be the language of the scholarship you want to apply for.
- It must be short, concise and honest.
- It should reflect your personality, and provide details and interesting aspects about yourself that show that you are a suitable candidate.
- You must learn before hand about the host University. Show in your letter that you know well the institution and what it offers.
- The motivation letter is not a CV, it has to provide other information of interest. It is also a means to demonstrate your communicative skills.
7. Official language level accreditation if required (You may attach it only if required by the scholarship you are applying for)
8. Any document specifically required by the scholarship
Important: before submitting your application form, please check all the information you input. Once the application has been submitted, it CANNOT be further modified.
Application Deadline: July 03, 2022 for some region and December 31st, 2022 for some.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.