Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2022 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
The Government of Mauritius is pleased to invite intelligent African students who wish to obtain a degree course in the country to enroll for their ongoing Africa Scholarship Scheme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship program is basically termed as undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship scheme, and often considered as one of the most competitive in Africa due to the amount of the award. The award is a fully funded one, meaning that no tuition fee is expected from successful applicants, and other benefits, stipends and allowances will also be given to them by the Government.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme;
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 22 August 2022.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 22 August 2022.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2022.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as stipulated in the guidelines
- Tuition fees
- Support for living expenses.
- Airfare ticket to and fro Mauritius.
Application Process for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2022:
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this scholarship are expected to complete and submit their application using the Online Application Form and provide all the needed documents. Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant. An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below:
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline: 15 August 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.