DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 for East Africans
Suitably qualified applicants from East Africa who are looking to pursue their master’s degree program at any eligible higher institution in East Africa are invited to submit application for the partial funding of the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 which encourages and gives university staff the opportunity to study in participating host institutions within the Eastern Africa Region.
The DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship is an initiative of the German Academic Exchange Service which aims to promote the development of university teaching staff and build capacity for staff in the public sector through master’s degree study programs at eligible Eastern African partner institutions. The Master’s scholarship is a partial funding towards tuition fee and other study expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Higher Institution of Learning in East Africa
Scholarship Worth: Partial Funding towards:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 for East Africans:
- Applicants must be from East Africa.
- Applicants must be graduates from Sub-Saharan African country with an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be willing to pursue a master’s degree in their home country or in another sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must show excellent academic and research skills.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the host university.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission for a full time master’s degree program at the host university.
Method of Application for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 for East Africans:
Interested applicants are expected to submit their online application and the required documents below before the application deadline.
Required documents are:
- Complete online DAAD application form.
- Detailed Curriculum vitae of Maximum 3 pages.
- Letter of motivation of 1 to 2 pages.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Admission letter from the host institution.
- Proof of necessary language skills.
- Certified copies of university degree certificates.
- Passport/National identification card.
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or commitment letter from the host institution that a supervisor will be assigned.
- Detailed and precise master’s proposal of 8 to 10 pages.
- Abstract of the proposal.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.