German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarship 2022 for Young Africans (IPS)
It’s the perfect time of the year once again as invites are up for intelligent and highly motivated young African students who wishes to study in Berlin, Germany to enroll for the ongoing German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarship known as IPS programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship is a very competitive one, and often considered as one of the best postgraduate scholarship program from the German Bundestag. The program is a fully funded one with lots of other benefits and stipends which will run for about 2 years or throughout the candidates study duration in the country. The scholarship will provide a four-week intensive program where participants will gain first-hand experience of the German parliamentary system and decision-making processes.
SEE ALSO: 2022 UNHCR Leadership for Africa
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarship;
- Interested applicant must be a citizen of the three participating African countries
- Interested applicant must be under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- Interested applicant must have obtained a good university degree
- Interested applicant must possess a very good knowledge of German
- Interested applicant must have interest in politics, social/political.
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Costs of travel to and from Berlin.
Application Process for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarship 2022;
Interested applicants who meets the requirements and eligibility for the scholarship are expected to send their completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of applicant’s surname followed by applicant’s given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in their home country.
Application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form.
- Application form (available at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch)
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages).
- Copy of passport or ID card.
- Certified copy of university degree certificate.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the programme).
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.