Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) Scholarships 2023
Applications are invited for the Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) Scholarships 2023 which is offered to outstanding African students who are looking to study a master’s degree program at any of the eligible host universities in Africa for the 2023/2024 academic session. The scholarship covers almost all aspects of study expenses for the entire duration of the program in eligible fields of study.
PAPSSN is now accepting applications from suitably qualified African students for Master’s scholarships in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space and Planetary Science, Planetary Geology, and Remote Sensing. The main aim of the PAPSSN is to foster the training of young researchers who can fulfill the needs of long-term Planetary and Space Science projects in the next two decades.
Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) is a global network of African scientists, engineers, and educators dedicated to promoting the exploration of planetary and space sciences in Africa. Founded in 2016, PAPSSN is a joint initiative of the African Space Science and Technology Network (ASSTN) and the International Astronomical Union (IAU). The network seeks to bring together African professionals to collaborate, share knowledge, and support the development of planetary and space science in Africa. PAPSSN also aims to create tools and resources for African researchers to access and use in their research, as well as to promote public outreach and education about planetary science in African countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN)
- Botswana International University of Science and Technology (BIUST) in Botswana
- Addis Ababa University (AAU) in Ethiopia
- Copperbelt University (CBU) in Zambia
- The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) in Nigeria
- University of Witwatersrand (Wits) in South Africa
- Return air ticket and visa costs
- Tuition fees
- Registration and service fees
- Insurance (health, accident, travel)
- Settling-in allowance
- Monthly stipends
- Contribution towards the research costs associated with student mobility of ten months or longer
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) Scholarships 2023:
- Applicants must be African Students, African nationals, and residents.
- Applicants must be registered or have obtained a degree in one of the Higher Education Institutions, members of the PAPSSN consortium.
- Applicants must not be previous and current recipients of intra-ACP or intra-Africa scholarships.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding grades.
Method of Application for the Pan-African Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) Scholarships 2023:
Application Deadline: March 19, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.