University of Aberdeen PhD Philosophy Scholarship 2022 for International Students
The University of Aberdeen is calling and inviting highly intellectual international students who wish to further their academic path in the United Kingdom to dive in to their ongoing PhD Philosophy Scholarship programme for the 2022-2023 academic year.
This scholarship is awarded for a research on Digital Knowledge-A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues by providing successful applicants funding and financial empowerment for smooth study in the UK and the award will take care of the tuition fee meaning it’s a fully funded programme and stipends for maintenance of about £6,000 will also be awarded to the candidate.
The University Of Aberdeen also added that an increase in the grip of an information epidemic will experienced and this will halt the spread of health misinformation online along with rising distrust of experts as these has only highlighted tragic emphasis. The project will use the latest tools of social epistemology and virtue epistemology in order to install a perfect understanding of online inquiry and information sharing on an entirely new footing, to better understand the sources of online epistemic risk, and to better train candidates to navigate them skillfully.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Aberdeen, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Aberdeen, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee & maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria of the 2022 University of Aberdeen PhD Philosophy Scholarship.
- Interested applicant must be an international student meaning anyone from around the globe can apply.
- Interested applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and potential for independent research, as evidenced by the candidate’s academic record, prior qualifications, proposal and references.
- Interested applicants must hold, or expect to hold prior to commencement of studies, an undergraduate degree at UK first class or 2:1 honors level, or the international equivalent, in philosophy, which includes courses in epistemology
- It is preferable but not a requirement that you hold a Masters relevant to your chosen area of study. Other factors such as financial status and nationality are not taken into account.
- Selection will be based on this evidence and upon the strength of the proposed engagement with the advertised research project.
Application Process for the PhD Philosophy Scholarship 2022 at University of Aberdeen.
Interested applicants who meets the above eligibility are expected to contact the first by email, stating how your research interest will benefit the project and also steps to take in tendering your research proposal as this will determine how potential you are towards the award.
You must include a detailed research proposal (1000-1500 words) which sets out how you will engage with the advertised PhD project, degree transcripts and certificates, and be supported by two academic references. Further guidance on research proposal may be found here.
You should mark your application “Digital Knowledge-A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues” in the Intended Source of Funding field on your online application.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.