ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship 2023
Suitably qualified Stakeholders from West Africa are invited to submit applications for the ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship 2023 which gives participants a chance to be part of a three days intensive learning program intended to introduce participants to Internet governance (IG) from the global and West African perspectives.
The West Africa Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) Team, supported by the ECOWAS Commission as the Secretariat, will be hosting the 15th edition of the WAIGF from 25 to 26 May 2023. This event will be preceded by the 6th West African School on Internet Governance (WASIG), which will be held from 22 to 24 May 2023.
Curriculum for the ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship 2023:
The school is set up as a three-day, intensive educational program designed to give participants an introduction to Internet governance (IG) from both a worldwide and West African viewpoint. This program will involve conversations with industry professionals and taking part in the Policy and Regulation Initiative for Digital Africa’s (PRIDA) online training interface. Certificates will be rewarded to those who complete the course successfully. The primary topics of the program are:
- Evolution of the Internet and the history of Internet Governance
- Mapping of Internet Governance processes and actors
- Classifications of Internet Governance issues (infrastructure, legal, economic, and development) from African contexts
- In-depth analysis of opportunities and challenges of emerging issues (cybersecurity, digital economy, human rights) from the West African context
- A practical exercise on a key Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa
Requirements for the ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship 2023:
People from West Africa are being asked to participate in Internet governance and ICT policy initiatives. People that are already involved as key players or have the power to make decisions are highly encouraged to join. They should have the capacity to bring their knowledge and experience to the table in order to drive progress in their respective organizations, countries, and even the continent as a whole.
All potential candidates should come from a variety of stakeholder groups, such as:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions, etc
Method of Application for the ECOWAS-WAIGF West African School on Internet Governance Scholarship 2023:
Women and youth are particularly encouraged to apply. Spaces are limited. Applicants are kindly requested to complete the online form and submit it before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.