Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence 2023 for International Students
Deakin University is pleased to invite and also welcome highly suitable and intelligent international students who wish to take up a degree program or further their academic pursuit in Australia to take a chance on their ongoing prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The scholarship program is available for both undergraduates and postgraduate students and can be categorized as one of the toughest study package available for international students in the institution. It’s encompasses several awards which is valued at about $5,000 to $10,000 for every successful applicant who must demonstrate exceptional promise within or beyond their academic achievements. Strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, sport, the Arts, community service or leadership will hold the key to success.. The program is aimed at attracting academically sound students who experiences financial difficulties into the institution as a form of support in elevating poverty.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship and the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University, Australia
Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 – $10,000 per year
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence;
- Applicants must be international students, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Commencing or currently enrolled in a bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- Enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2023
- Bachelor and honours students enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points a trimester
- Able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
Application Procedures for the Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence 2023 (How to Apply):
First you must have met the above requirements and eligibility criteria, then submit your application through Deakin’s online application portal, or through a Deakin authorized agent on or before the deadline. Also provide the supporting documents if need be.
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Application Deadline: December 05, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.