Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland
Applications are now being accepted for the Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland. The program is highly regarded and coveted, and the Biozentrum invites driven, talented, and extremely motivated young scientists from around the globe to apply for these prestigious fellowships.
These Biozentrum Fellowships Program provide various benefits, including direct entry to the Biozentrum’s Ph.D. program at the University of Basel, a Ph.D. scholarship in the form of extra financial assistance, a rotation-based selection process for research groups, and support for attending scientific meetings and courses throughout the Ph.D.
The Werner Siemens Foundation and the University sponsor these fellowships with the objective of identifying and fostering exceptionally skilled graduate students in the field of Life Sciences. Unlike other Ph.D. student programs that seek to recruit a large number of candidates, the Biozentrum Fellowships are granted on a competitive basis, with a maximum of 10 exceptional candidates being selected each year. The recipients are presented with a distinctive selection process where they can rotate through various research groups of their choosing, along with several other incentives that encourage scientific excellence and enhance the career prospects of these Ph.D. candidates.
The University of Basel is a renowned public research university located in Basel, Switzerland. It was founded in 1460 and is considered one of the oldest universities in Switzerland. The University of Basel is highly regarded for its contributions to the natural sciences, life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and law. It offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including several international programs, and has a diverse student population from around the world. The University of Basel is consistently ranked among the top universities in Europe and the world.
SEE ALSO: Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarship 2023 at Singapore Management University
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The Werner Siemens Foundation and the University
Host Institution(s): The University of Basel in Switzerland
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: 10
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University(MSc and equivalent).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a 4-year bachelor’s degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track at the University as part of their fellowship.
- Applicants can neither be enrolled as a Ph.D. student at the University nor have signed a Ph.D. working contract at the University at the decision date of the respective fellowship call.
Method of Application for the Biozentrum Fellowships Program 2023 at University of Basel in Switzerland:
Interested applicants are required to submit their application online. As the Summer Call 2023 is now open. Your application must include:
- Electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members). The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for a reference letter.
SEE ALSO: Fully Funded Africa Studentships 2023 at King’s College London
Application Deadline: May 25, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.