CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship 2023 for African Students
The CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship 2023 for African Students is an opportunity for outstanding Ph.D. students from Africa to perfect their academic dreams. As part of the implementation of the Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) in West Africa, CORAF is providing eight Ph.D. scholarships to qualified African students for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Food System Resilience Program (FSRP) is a regional investment program worth over US$1 billion that aims to enhance the resilience of the food system in West Africa through a strategic, coordinated approach. The CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship program will finance investments through eight Ph.D. scholarships in three mutually reinforcing thematic areas: (1) Digital advisory services to prevent and manage agricultural and food crises; (2) Sustainability and resilience of the food system’s productive base (including sustainable land and watershed management, and agro-ecological approaches); and (3) Regional staple food value chain development to enhance market integration and trade. Each thematic area will be overseen by a designated regional institution (AGRHYMET, CORAF, ECOWAS) to ensure coordination and foster sustainable capacity building.
SEE ALSO: Faculty of Culture and Society Scholarship 2023 at Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship
- Registration and bench fees
- A monthly living allowance
- Field expenses including travel, surveys, or labor related to the research activities, acquisition of small research equipment and consumables
- International travel expenses (conference attendance, scientific visits)
- Supervision expenses
Number of Awards: 8
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Students from Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome et Principe Togo.
Eligibility for the CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship 2023 for African Students:
- Applicants must be a national of one of the CORAF member countries mentioned above.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years old.
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree in research related to the chosen field and theme.
- Applicants must have already identified a thesis supervisor.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated capacity for applied research, and a willingness to learn and think across disciplines and professions.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in agricultural research for development.
- Applicants must have the ability to speak and write French or English fluently, a good working knowledge of the other CORAF member countries’ language would be an asset.
- Applicants must have the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills.
Method of Application for the CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship 2023 for African Students:
Interested applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 17, 2023. The subject line of the email should clearly state “Doctoral Program – CORAF 2023”. Shortlisted students will be interviewed online. Results will be announced in July with a likely start date of September 2023. Applicants must include the following below in their application.
- A letter of motivation demonstrating the applicant’s suitability and motivation and specifying his/her availability.
- Diplomas and transcripts (Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees).
- A curriculum vitae (Maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors with their addresses.
- A letter of commitment from each identified supervisor (university and research center)
- A budgeted thesis research proposal on one of the research topics covering one of CORAF’s priority areas (proposals attached). The research proposal must specify the doctoral school or university of registration, and the name and full address of the supervisors (Co-Directors of the thesis).
SEE ALSO: International Business Scholarship 2023 at University of Auckland in New Zealand
Application Deadline: May 17, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.