Yenching Academy of Peking University Fellowship 2023 (Fully-Funded)
The Yenching Academy of Peking University are pleased to broadcast their ongoing opportunity for international students who wish to further their academic pursuit in China as they urge them to take a chance on their ongoing fully funded fellowship program for the 2023 calendar year.
The fellowship program as stated above is a fully funded study package, making it a very high competitive one, and opened for only students pursuing their Masters degree program. The fellowship aims at luring highly intellectual graduates into the institution and same time financially helping students in need to study abroad. The offer also covers wide range of interdisciplinary courses.
The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. This initiative brings together international students as young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation.
At Yenching, they are immersed in an intensive learning environment where they can explore China and its role in the world – past, present, and future. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars create their own study paths by choosing courses from six research areas. They participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Host Institution(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Fellowship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 Yenching Academy of Peking University Fellowship;
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2023
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend
- One round trip travel fare
- Field study cost
Application Procedures for the Yenching Academy of Peking University Fellowship 2023 (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility for this opportunity are expected to submit their application using the Online Application Portal on or before the deadline, and must provide the necessary supporting documents.
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrolment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Native English speakers and alumni of an English taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
Each applicant must submit the above materials in English.
Application Deadline: Not stated
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.