Fully Funded Africa Studentships 2023 at King’s College London
The Fully Funded Africa Studentships 2023 at King’s College London is accepting applications from African students who are suitably qualified and interested in learning about the operational methods of fashion producers in Africa. The scholarship is a Ph.D. degree gree opportunity for suitably qualified African students for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Ph.D. scholarship will concentrate on creating new data on fashion economies that are pertinent to the industry and conducting concept-building on lead firms in the global South. The Fully Funded Africa Studentships program’s objective is to assist students in moving their concepts beyond Africa’s resource-constrained environment and emphasizing creativity, ideas, and innovation.
King’s College London is a prestigious research university located in London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1829 and is one of the oldest and most respected universities in the UK. King’s College London offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields such as humanities, social sciences, law, science and engineering, health, and business. It has an international reputation for excellence in teaching, research, and innovation.
SEE ALSO: AAU International Fellowships 2023 for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Fully Funded Africa Studentships
Host Institution(s): King’s College London in the UK
- Tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2022/23, this was set at £19,688).
- Research costs up to £5,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Africa Studentships 2023 at King’s College London:
- Applicants must be Africans and be permanent residents in an African country.
- Applicants must plan to commence a full-time MPhil/Ph.D. program at King’s in the 2023-24 academic year.
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements for enrolment for the Ph.D. degree in the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at King’s.
- Applicants should hold or expect to obtain a High Merit or Distinction at the Master’s level (or equivalent) in any subject.
- Disciplinary areas of particular relevance would include but not be limited to: International Political Economy; Political Economy; Fashion Management; Business; Development Studies; Culture, Media & Creative Industries; Policy; Sociology; Geography; Social Sciences.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in fashion and the creative economy (academic, professional, personal).
- Applicants must have good team-working, observational, organization, and communication skills.
- Applicants must have experience in qualitative and quantitative methods.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Africa Studentships 2023 at King’s College London:
Interested applicants are to complete an online application and email all the required documents below to Dr Ikpe and Dr England in advance of applying through the KCL portal.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the project and how your prior experience is relevant.
- Sample of written work (i.e. MSc/Ma thesis).
SEE ALSO: African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.