African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023
The AERC has announced the opening of the African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023 for individuals from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries who aspire to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Economics at a university that awards such degrees in Africa for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Ph.D. scholarship’s objective is to foster the growth of sub-Saharan Africa by equipping local professionals in economics with the necessary tools through support in the fields of policy research and graduate education. The African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023 helps successful applicants to perfect their academic pursuits for the 2023/2024 academic session without paying for tuition and study expenses.
SEE ALSO: CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship 2023 for African Students
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities in Africa mentioned below
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023:
- Applicants must have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Applicants must have obtained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or a related field from an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a Masters’s degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods, and econometrics.
- Applicants must be in possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must show evidence of engagement in economic management, research, and/or training in the public sector.
- Females and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC Ph.D. Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
Participating Universities for the African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023:
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Method of Application for the African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023:
Those interested in applying for the African Economic Research Consortium Ph.D. Scholarship must submit their admission applications directly to the relevant universities. The application procedure can be found on the university’s website. Once an admission letter is received from a particular university, applicants are required to upload the following documents onto the AERC scholarship portal:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of admission at any of the participating universities
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
SEE ALSO: Faculty of Culture and Society Scholarship 2023 at Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.