Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 Program for Studies in USA
Yale University are on their best time of the year once again as they acknowledged highly academically sound and intellectual international students who wish to further their academic pursuit in the USA to enroll for their ongoing Young Global Scholars 2023 Program which is often shortened as YYGS.
The scholarship program is a 2 weeks highly competitive programme which have been invoke for many years now and often considered as the best academic summer program for Bachelors degree students as it serves over 2,000 students from 150+ countries for studies in the United States of America.
The Yale Young Global Scholars program distributes over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students. It provides students the opportunity to participate in a STEM, social sciences, humanities, or cross-disciplinary track.
Company/Organisation(s): Yale University, USA
Program Type: Young Scholars Program
Program Location: USA
Program Duration: 2 weeks
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility Criteria for the 2023 Yale Young Global Scholars Program;
- Be at least 16 years old by July 16, 2023 (first day of Session III).
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Be graduating in May/June 2024 or 2025 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2023 or 2024 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in a YYGS session during a previous summer (2022 and prior), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2023.
Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2023.
Please Note: This rule is so that YYGS is in compliance with restrictions for running a summer program for minors, and no exceptions can be made.
YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries, and offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from ALL countries.
Application Procedures for the Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 Program (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility are expected to follow the below step by step process in other to complete the application, and must provide any supporting documents as well.
1. Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
2. Review the YYGS application required components.
3. Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
4. You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
5. Click APPLY NOW to start your YYGS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time.
6. Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
7. Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
8. In your Applicant Status Portal, pay the $60 USD Early Action fee or $75 USD Regular Decision fee*. All YYGS application fees are non-refundable. If you submitted a completed Fee Waiver request, then you can check your Applicant Status Portal to see when it is approved or denied. If your Fee Waiver Request is denied, then your application will not be reviewed until the YYGS application fee is paid.
9. Check your inbox for a YYGS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.
- Activities list
- One 400-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- One Recommender (who will complete the YYGS Recommendation Form* ONLY)
- Application fee** ($60 for Early Action and $75 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Submit Application button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)***
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid****
Application Deadline: 11:59PM ET on November 2, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.