University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/2023
The University of Michigan are pleased to invite and also welcome highly suitable African students who wish to further their academic excellence in the United States to take a chance into enrolling for the ongoing African Presidential Scholars Program for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme is a fully funded one, and often considered as one of the most competitive postgraduate scholarship program in the institution for African students. The program is aimed at luring highly intelligent students from African Origin into the country, this perfecting a nice community of scholars.
The program is designed to support the development of the next crop of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks, and promotes University of Michigan’s international commitment to research and teaching collaborations.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Michigan, USA
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Michigan
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022-2023 University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program;
- Be an early career faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years, and who is presently teaching in a college or university in Africa.
- Be employed in an ongoing position at a university or college in Africa.
- Be able to demonstrate support from a home institution with a letter of recommendation from the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor.
- Be able to remain in residence for five months.
Application Procedures for the University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program 2022/2023 (How to apply):
The application process is in two form. Applicants from colleges or universities from Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda can apply directly whereas applicants from outside of these countries are to be nominated by a U-M faculty member familiar with the work of the prospective applicant. The nominating faculty must:
- Complete the online nomination form (for University of Michigan faculty only and access requires U-M login).
- Submit/ upload a letter of endorsement that indicates their willingness to serve as a mentor during the length of the residency, commit to meet regularly, and if possible provide an office space for the prospective participant.
As soon as the complete nomination form and letter of support is received, a link to the application portal will be sent to be nominated candidate’s email.
All applicants will be required to:
- Complete the online application form (this link can only be used directly by applicants from Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda)
- Upload a curriculum vitae using the online application.
- Upload a scholarly program/research proposal not exceeding five pages.
- Provide name and contact information of the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor at applicant’s home institution who will write the letter of support.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.