Pentecost University Scholarships 2022-2023 in Ghana for Undergraduate Students
Here comes another opportunity for every undergraduate student aspiring to study in Ghana on a full scholarship. The Pentecost University is a private university located at Sowutuom in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. It was founded by The Church of Pentecost (COP) and evolved from The Pentecost Bible College which initially trained only Lay Leaders and full-time Ministers for the COP. On May 22, 2003, J. A. Kufuor, the former President of Ghana, inaugurated PUC at the Sowutuom campus.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified students for the Pentecost University Undergraduate Scholarships for applicants with a high level of need and good academic performance.
The scholarship aims at providing funding to needy, but brilliant students to enable the individuals to pursue their undergraduate programs. The scholarship provides up to 100% tuition fee coverage to undergraduate students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Pentecost University
Country Of Study: Ghana
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study level: Undergraduate
Gender: Men And Women
To be considered eligible for the scholarship you are expected to meet this criterion.
- Applicant should be a student at the time he/she applies for a scholarship (evidenced by his/her admission letter).
- Newly admitted students must possess an aggregate of 6-18 from their West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or equivalent.
- Continuing students must have obtained a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at the time of application.
- Applicant should be a talented student with creative and innovative skills (must show evidence of innovation and creativity.
- Applicant should demonstrate an exceptional commitment to ethical leadership as an incoming or continuing student (show evidence of national and international awards).
Document Required For Application
1. A copy of an unconditional admission letter from the University
2. The applicant’s Result Slip or Transcript of previous studies.
3. A testimonial from the former school/ Letter from Mentor if a Continuing student
4. Letter of recommendation from a Teacher or Counselor Minister of Religion, and or Principal/Vice Principal of a reputable institution.
5. A brief explanation of why you should be awarded this scholarship (250 words maximum).
6. Two recent Passport pictures (not older than 6 months)
7. Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate/Affidavit
8. Self-addressed envelope
9. Copy of an Official pay slip or payroll record of parent/guardian or the applicant
10. Pensions letter of retired parent/guardians.
11. Copy of School, NHIS, Voters, or National ID card.
Benefits Of Scholarships for Pentecost University Undergraduate Scholarship
- The number and amount of scholarships awarded will be determined annually by the Scholarship Committee in consultation with the Donor(s). The award comprises the payment of Tuition Fees only.
- Pentecost University offers scholarships to students with a high level of need and good academic performance.
- The scholarships are available to continuing undergraduate students.
- In awarding scholarships, the Scholarship Committee will look for applicants who have a strong need base and demonstrate very good intellectual skills.
- Applications will be received and reviewed at the beginning of each Academic Year.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews at a decided date by the Committee. The date for the interview will be announced.
- The final selection will be announced after the interviewing process has been completed. The decisions of the Committee shall be final.
- Those nominated will be offered scholarships in writing and will be asked to accept or decline the offer also in writing within a 15 to 30 working day period.
Process Of Application
1. The maximum tenure of the scholarship is 4 years subject to the conditions of the student and availability of funds.
2. This is also subject to review to ensure that beneficiaries maintain at least a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
Download the scholarship application form here
All forms must be sealed in an envelope and submitted to the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee.
All certificates and related documents submitted must be certified by a recognized official or by the institution that issued the documents and must bear the official stamp and signature of the certifier.
Interested applicants are advised to apply before the beginning of the Academic Year (March to July) after they have received their admission letters.
For more details,visit Pentecost University website
Application Deadline: Not Specified