TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 for Developing Countries
The University of Ghana in partnership with UNICEF, WHO, UNDP and World Bank are pleased to unveil their latest opportunity program as they urge highly suitable and intelligent students from Developing countries to take a chance on applying for their ongoing TDR Postgraduate Scholarship for the 2023 academic session.
The scholarship programme is a fully funded scheme, thus meaning that the program will cover the full tuition fee, living expenses as well as allowances. The exercise is aimed at attracting highly intellectual students from Low- or middle-income countries, and often considered as one of the biggest Masters scholarship program in Africa. The TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 will be hosted at the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana.
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
- Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students and their careers will be tracked through the TDR Global which monitors the impact of the programme and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni. The programme provides on-campus teaching, however, depending on regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the course may be delivered through an online platform
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Ghana, UNICEF, WHO, UNDP, World Bank
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Ghana
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Low- or Middle-income Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 TDR Postgraduate Scholarship;
- Interested applicant must be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region.
- Applicant must be under 35 years old at the time of application;
- Applicant must meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students.
- Applicant must be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- Applicant must be proficient in English;
- Applicant must provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of the programme; and
- Applicant must consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
Application Procedures for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship 2023, (How to Apply);
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for the scholarship are expected to follow the below steps in order to submit their application.
Step One (1): Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.