Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2022 in Data Science for African Scientists
It’s good to let you all know that this year’s Quantum Leap Africa Ph.D. scholarship is now fully ongoing. This doctoral training program established by AIMS will provide emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct research at the forefront of data science, and work towards a PhD degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
SEE ALSO: Japan Scholarships for International Students 2023
The program will focus on the theoretical foundations of data science as well as applications of data science to improve the daily lives of Africans. It is built on the understanding that modern approaches in data science require a combination of expertise spanning the areas of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and the applied sciences.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Quantum Leap Africa (QLA)
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarship
Country Of Study: Not Stated
Host Institution(s): Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study level: PhD Scholarship
Gender: Men And Women
Eligibility criteria for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2022
- Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2022) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, or other relevant fields;
- Sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Motivation for pursuing a Ph.D. by research in the suggested topic
- Length of program: 4 years
- Fully funded (stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees)
- International supervision teams from well-known research institutions
- Research topics that push the boundaries of data science (focused on AI/ML and/or health).
Application process for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2022
For more details, visit HERE.
Application Deadline: Not Specified