Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023 at World Bank in USA
Applicants are being invited to apply for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023 at World Bank in USA, which allows researchers from developing countries to engage in policy-relevant research with the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
The World Bank in Washington, D.C. will host fellows for 8 months, from September to May each year. Fellows will be supervised by researchers in the Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments and will engage in high-quality research projects with a policy-based focus.
World Bank is an international organization that provides financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Its mission is to reduce poverty and promote shared prosperity by helping countries achieve sustainable economic growth. The World Bank works with governments, the private sector, civil society, and other partners to provide financing, advice, research, and technical assistance to help countries create jobs, improve health and education, combat climate change, and reduce poverty. It also helps countries identify and manage their risk from natural disasters.
SEE ALSO: Jane Wight T&T Scholarship 2023 at University of Guelph
Eligibility for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023 at World Bank in USA:
- Applicants must be nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with a preference for nationals of developing countries.
- Applicants must be graduates of MA-level studies or currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or a related field.
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years of age by June 30, 2023, the year the fellowship starts.
- Applicants must be available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
Award for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023 at World Bank in USA:
- The RSMFP provides a total of $44,888 after taxes for an 8-month fellowship, which is paid out in monthly installments.
- Fellows will collaborate with World Bank DEC researchers on various projects and receive instruction on advanced research approaches and tools, as well as interact with the World Bank’s operations.
- At the start of the program, fellows will participate in a one-week technical onboarding that will include instruction on reproducible research techniques.
- DEC will invite fellows to create blog posts based on their fellowship research.
Method of Application for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2023 at World Bank in USA:
Interested applicants should visit the official world bank website to submit their complete application.
SEE ALSO: EPFL/UM6P Scholarship 2023 for African Students in Switzerland