Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Sustainability Challenge 2023
Nigerian media organizations are invited to the Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Sustainability Challenge 2023 worth up to
$50,000 grant. The Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) is now accepting applications for its Sustainability Challenge. Those chosen for the program will be eligible to receive up to $50,000 for their project and join NAMIP‘s innovation and capacity-building program through 2024.
Media Development Investment Fund, with funding from the MacArthur Foundation, has established NAMIP in order to promote digital innovation and create new business opportunities for independent media in Nigeria. The Sustainability Challenge is inviting media organizations to apply for the chance to develop innovative news and information products that improve their organizational sustainability like:
- Look into ways to expand your reach and engage with more people through digital mediums and technologies.
- Explore ways to create new sources of income or establish viable business models.
Eligibility for the Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Sustainability Challenge 2023:
- Applicants could be an existing independent media company, a non-profit, or a new venture that is just kicking off.
- Applicants with mission-driven companies and organizations passionate about trying new approaches to local news and information.
- Applicants who don’t have traditional journalism and media backgrounds, particularly from the areas of technology, design, and business are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with independent radio (both community and commercial radio) and TV platforms developing unique strategies to reach their audiences are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who applied in the first call but were not successful are still eligible to apply again.
Benefits of the Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Sustainability Challenge 2023:
Those selected for the program will be able to receive up to $50,000 for their project and engage in capacity-building activities, such as custom–tailored instruction, individual mentoring, and networking with other organizations in the NAMIP network.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.