Government of Malaysia International Scholarship 2022-2023 (MIS)
The Higher Institutions in Malaysia is calling on interested international student to take advantage of the ongoing Government of Malaysia International Scholarship which is often shortened as MIS to submit application for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The program is fully funded and mainly for postgraduates who see to further their masters degree or PhD program in the country.
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) have been helping international students reach their limelight over the years, and thanks to the Malaysian Government who seek to attract young leaders with brilliant minds from all over the world around for this opportunity. The programme is a fully funded one, and offer monthly stipends to successful applicants.
SEE ALSO: CMIC Masters Scholarship 2022 at Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Malaysian Government
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Malaysia
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount Stated)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 Government of MIS programme
- Interested applicant must be willing to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia or are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions
- Interested applicant must be an international student.
- Interested applicant must not be above 40 and 45 years for the Masters and PhD level respectively.
- Interested applicant must have at least CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level
- Interested applicant must be fluent in English Language:
- Interested applicant must score at least band 6.0 or higher in IELTS or obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite)
- Interested applicant must submit a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
SEE ALSO: Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships 2022-2023
Application Process Government of Malaysia International Scholarship 2022-2023 (MIS)
Interested applicant are expected to complete and submit their application using the Online Application form. And also expected to provide the PDF format of the below documents during the application.
- Application Documents:
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality;
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) of previous degrees;
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Official Website.