Fully Funded Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023
If you are an international graduate student wanting to study in Malaysia, now is your chance! Applications are now open for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023, which provides full funding for your postgraduate studies.
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is a program created by the Malaysian Government to draw in talented individuals from around the globe to pursue higher education in Malaysia. This program is aligned with Malaysia’s ambition to become a leading center of academic excellence by encouraging, motivating, and retaining skilled foreign personnel. The Postgraduate scholarship is your chance of studying in Malaysia without paying a dime.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Malaysian Government
Host Institution(s): Accredited universities in Malaysia
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023:
Applicants for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS 2023) should meet the following criteria to be eligible: they should be graduates from the recipient countries listed in the MIS 2023 guidelines.
- Applicants must intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Master/Ph.D.) in Malaysia
- Applicants must be currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
Applicant must also meet the following conditions:
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- Ph.D. applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at the Masters level in a course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency in the English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in the TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instruction (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of
Benefits of the Fully Funded Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023:
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2023:
Applicants can submit their request to join the MIS program through the online application system. All necessary details must be provided in order to gain approval. Applicants must have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online application system.
- Application Form
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) of previous degrees
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL)
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- Endorsement Form
- Admission letter from a Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal
Application Deadline: May 18, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.