Fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2023
Highly capable and outstanding graduates are cordially invited to submit their applications for the Fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2023. This esteemed scholarship is open to individuals who aspire to undertake full-time postgraduate studies (Master’s level) in Malaysia.
The Master’s scholarship being offered is fully funded, and selected scholars will receive allowances directly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. These allowances will be deposited into individual savings accounts. It is strongly recommended that scholars open a Malaysian bank account promptly upon their arrival in Malaysia. The fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship is your chance to study in Malaysia without worrying about the financial stress involved.
Eligibility for this application is limited to individuals who have obtained a valid admission offer letter from at least one university in Malaysia but have not yet commenced their postgraduate studies. Alternatively, applicants who have registered for a Master’s Degree for no more than one semester are also eligible to apply. Applicants must uphold a satisfactory level of academic progress and maintain a positive standing throughout their study period, as specified by their host university. Failure to meet these requirements will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship
Host Institution(s): See the list of eligible universities below
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2023:
- Applicants not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For the Master’s Degree Programme, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent at the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Applicants must provide proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Applicants must provide a scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score of 6) or TOEFL internet-based test (minimum total score of 60) or
- Applicants must have obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instruction.
- Applicants must have an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant
- Applicant must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs (Master’s Degree) at the selected Malaysian Universities.
- Application is only open to applicants who have received a valid admission offer letter/s from at least one (1) university in Malaysia but have not yet started their postgraduate studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
List of Universities:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM) 17. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Science, Technology, and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, and clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management and Banking
- Social Science and Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2023:
To apply, it is mandatory that all applicants utilize the online application system. Please submit your application through the provided official portal. Please note that all the documents listed below are mandatory and must be uploaded through the online application system. Ensure that you scan and save them in PDF format before uploading.
- Application form
- Latest Admission Offer Letter from Malaysian Universities for academic intake 2023
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- Statement of Intent
- A certified copy of the Academic Transcript
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree program must be reflected in the academic transcripts
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicant’s alma mater describing the university’s grade system.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of the English Language Proficiency test result (TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ CAE/ CPE/ MUET/ equivalent qualification) or an official letter from the previous institution declaring English as the medium of instruction used for the obtained degree(s)
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 18 months validity);
- Medical examination report
- COVID-19 proof of vaccination
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.