Fully funded MRC Doctoral Training Program 2023 at University of Edinburgh
The Fully funded MRC Doctoral Training Program 2023 at University of Edinburgh is offered to international students who are looking to study a Ph.D. degree program in Precision Medicine at the university for the 2023/2024 academic session. The scholarship helps to fund tuition and study expenses associated with studying medicine in the UK.
The Medical Research Council at Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow are jointly funding a fully–funded Ph.D. scholarship with integrated study, called the Precision Medicine Doctoral Training Programme. This Doctoral Training Programme emphasizes developing Ph.D. students in the quantitative skills that have been determined as essential by the MRC’s skills priorities, as well as in their usage of a wide range of data sources (from molecular ‘omics’ to health records). As a result, students receive interdisciplinary training in the skills needed to achieve the goal of precision medicine. Precision medicine is an innovative way of treating and preventing illness that takes into account an individual’s genetic, environmental, and lifestyle characteristics to determine the most effective strategy for each patient.
The University of Edinburgh is a public research university located in Edinburgh, Scotland. Founded in 1582, it is the sixth oldest university in the English–speaking world and one of Scotland‘s ancient universities. The university is highly regarded and ranked among the world‘s top universities. It is a member of the Russell Group, a network of research–intensive UK universities, and the League of European Research Universities. It has five main campuses in the city of Edinburgh, and many other campuses around the world. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of disciplines.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Medical Research Council at Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow
Host Institution(s): The University of Edinburgh in the UK
- Payment of annual tuition fees.
- Stipend for each of the 4 years of the Ph.D. (based on UKRI minimum doctoral rate).
- Research Training Support Grant of 5K per annum.
- Annual Travel Grant of £300.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the Fully funded MRC Doctoral Training Program 2023 at University of Edinburgh:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must have a UK 2:1 honors degree or its international equivalent.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements by country.
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements.
- Applicants must demonstrate a level of English language competency at a level that will enable them to succeed in their studies, regardless of their nationality or country of residence.
Method of Application for the Fully funded MRC Doctoral Training Program 2023 at University of Edinburgh:
Interested applicants should follow the steps below.
- Before making an application, please contact the primary supervisor to discuss the project.
- Applications for all projects must be submitted via the University’s Degree Finder.
- A CV is required and you should upload this to the document upload section of your application.
- Applicants must apply to a specific project.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects. Please submit a separate application for each project.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.