Fully Funded Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals
Qualified individuals from Rwanda and Nigeria who are interested in obtaining high-quality international Ph.D. training and conducting Ph.D. research in a PASET Priority Thematic Area can now apply for the Fifth Regional Scholarship 2023 and Innovation Fund (RSIF) Ph.D. Scholarships. The funding for this project comes from contributions made by African governments, the World Bank, and the Government of Korea, and it is being facilitated by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) located in Nairobi, Kenya.
PASET is an initiative led by Africans aimed at enhancing skills in the fields of Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) to promote socio-economic transformation.
The main objective of Rsif is to bridge the human resource gap in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) by training high-quality Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers. This Ph.D. scholarship effort also aims to enhance research and innovation capacities in these fields in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Additionally, Rsif provides competitive grants to selected African Host Universities (AHU) to reinforce research and innovation ecosystems. The program prioritizes five thematic areas for training, research, and innovation, which are:
- ICT including big data and artificial intelligence
- Food security and agri-business
- Minerals, mining, and materials engineering
- Energy including renewables and
- Climate change.
The specific objectives of Rsif are to:
- Build up a reservoir of experts, innovators, and skilled professionals specialized in ASET domains.
- Discover and cultivate promising young Africans who aspire to advance their education in ASET disciplines that require the most expertise.
- Tackle the inequities in the representation of women and marginalized groups in ASET domains across Africa.
- Enhance the capacity of African universities to deliver pertinent ASET education and ensure ongoing investment in expanding ASET training and workforce development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): African governments, World Bank & Government of Korea
Host Institution(s): PASET
- The Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, a competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs.
- Rsif Ph.D. scholars will be supported to spend 6 to 12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute, or private company.
- Rsif Ph.D. scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- Rsif Ph.D. scholars will have access to Rsif competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Rwanda and Nigeria Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals:
- Applicants must Be a citizen of Rwanda and Nigeria.
- Applicants must have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Applicants must meet the specific admission requirements of the Rsif African Host University where they would like to pursue a Ph.D.
- Applicants should be 35 years of age and below.
- Applicants must be willing to enroll full-time in a Ph.D. program at an Rsif AHU in the 2023/2024 academic year.
- Applicants should not be holding another Ph.D. scholarship when applying to the Rsif Ph.D. scholarship.
- Applicants must be willing to spend 6-12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute, or private company.
- Applicants must demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Rsif Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals:
To qualify for the Fifth Rsif Ph.D. scholarships 203 for Rwandan and Nigerian Nationals, you must submit your application via icipe’s online application platform. Applications sent through email or hardcopy will not be considered. If you have any inquiries, kindly direct them to the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) Manager at Rsifscholarships@icipe.org.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.