Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023
Ban Ki-moon Center is thrilled to invite eligible international students to apply for the Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023 for the 2023/2024 academic year. This scholarship opportunity is available to academically excellent students from Africa who desire to earn a postgraduate degree.
This Program, sponsored by Ban Ki-moon Center for Global Citizen, is fully funded and will select 15 young African global citizen leaders who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities). This Postgraduate scholarship is intended to empower young, active global citizens who are engaged in the SDGs and may not have access to educational opportunities, networking experiences, and peer-to-peer exchange. This program is open to all postgraduate candidates.
SEE ALSO: 60th Anniversary Scholarship 2023 at University of York in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program
Host Institution(s): Accredited host universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: 15
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023:
- Applicants must be young and active African global citizen leaders between 20 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, or been working towards a Ph.D. OR within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong dedication to SDGs and the ideals of global citizenship.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
- Applicants must be passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs)
- Applicants must be keen to learn more about entrepreneurship for sustainable development during an online summer school with MCI Innbruck.
- Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards).
Benefits of the Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023:
- Full cost coverage for summer school training with the University of Bordeaux and coverage of skills training with MCI as well as other expert workshops.
- A 500€ seed grant to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal.
- Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Center.
- Alumni Network membership for scholars who successfully complete the program and earn their certificate.
- Further platforming of scholars and selected projects on RELX’s SDG Resource Center, the BKMC website, social media, and international forums.
Method of Application for the Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023:
Interested applicants are required to submit an online application and provide the following materials below.
- Current CV, including date of birth and nationality
- Scan of passport or other formal ID
- Proof of academic titles and/or enrollment confirmation
- Letter of motivation of maximum 500 words
- SDG Micro-Project pitch of a maximum of 500 words
SEE ALSO: Joint Japan World Bank Group Scholarship Program 2023
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.