Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024
The application period is currently available for Window 1 of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarships 2024. The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is designed to assist individuals, both men and women, from developing nations in pursuing postgraduate degrees in fields related to development.
The JJ/WBGSP provides Master’s scholarships for approximately 27 accredited programs across universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan. These programs cover crucial development areas such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government/ World Bank
Host Institution(s): Institutions in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan
Scholarship Worth: See below
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: Students from Developing Countries
Eligibility for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024:
- Applicants must be citizens of a World Bank member developing country and should not hold dual citizenship of a developed country.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent obtained at least 3 years prior to the application deadline date.
- Applicants must possess 3 years or more recent development-related experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must have been offered an unconditional admission to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJ/WBGSP Preferred or Partner Master’s Degree Programs.
Benefits of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Method of Application for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024:
Individuals interested in the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024 should finalize their 2024 JJ/WBGSP application for a participating program within Window 1 before the specified application deadline.
For those aspiring to secure a JJ/WBGSP Preferred Program Scholarship, it is essential to simultaneously pursue admission to one or more of the Preferred Program(s) while applying for a JJWBGSP scholarship.
SEE ALSO: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2024
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.