Fully Funded Argelander Scholarships 2023 at University of Bonn
Doctoral students from the specified regions are encouraged to apply for the Fully Funded Argelander Scholarships 2023 at University of Bonn which provides the chance to conduct research in Bonn for a duration of 3-12 months. The Argelander Scholarships, intended for Ph.D. students from universities in Africa, Latin America, and Asia, will be provided by the University for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The goal of the Argelander Scholarships is to financially support Ph.D. students from Africa, Latin America, and Asia to advance scientific collaboration with partners, particularly in underrepresented regions, and to foster international cooperation in the targeted regions outlined in the partnership strategy. The Ph.D. scholarship aims to strengthen partnerships between researchers in Bonn and their counterparts in Africa, Latin America, and Asia, specifically by promoting the development of early-career researchers.
The University of Bonn is a public research university located in Bonn, Germany. Founded in 1818, it is one of the oldest universities in Germany and is considered one of the country’s most prestigious institutions of higher education. The university has a diverse range of academic programs, including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and medicine. It is home to over 34,000 students and employs around 5,000 faculty and staff. Notable alumni include Friedrich Nietzsche, Karl Marx, and Joseph Schumpeter.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Fully Funded Argelander Scholarships
Host Institution(s): The University of Bonn in Germany
- A travel allowance
- A scholarship of € 1,500 per month and additional funds for accompanying family members up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child
- A research expense allowance of up to € 300 per month
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Students from Africa, Latin America, and Asia
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Argelander Scholarships 2023 at University of Bonn:
- Applicants must be international Ph.D. students pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research institute in Africa, Latin America, or Asia.
- Ph.D. applicants already pursuing their doctoral degree at Bonn are not eligible for funding.
- It is recommended that recipients of funding complete their doctorates at their home university in order to prevent brain drain.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Argelander Scholarships 2023 at University of Bonn:
Interested applicants should ensure their application include the following below:
- Online form
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel table)
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on
- Personal proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.