Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023
The World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, a collaboration between the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and One Young World’s youth entrepreneurship initiative, aims to offer young leaders and entrepreneurs from specific countries the opportunity to attend the annual One Young World Summit.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and its youth entrepreneurship initiative, Orange Corners, are dedicated to investing in education and youth employment. Their primary goal is to enhance opportunities for young individuals, particularly in developing countries and fragile states, by closing the skills gap and aligning them with the demands of the labor market through the ongoing Bachelor’s scholarship, Master’s scholarship, and Ph.D. scholarship.
The One Young World Summit 2023 is set to take place in Belfast, bringing together over 2,000 young leaders from more than 190 countries. This global forum offers a platform for delegates to present and discuss solutions to the most urgent challenges of our time, alongside senior leaders. It provides young entrepreneurs with an exceptional opportunity to actively participate, expand upon successful initiatives, and establish connections with fellow change-makers worldwide.
The 2023 initiative has the following objectives:
- Empowering young leaders to create sustainable job opportunities in selected regions.
- Leveraging the potential of young people as widely as possible for job creation and highlighting their potential as a solution to fostering prosperous societies.
- Raising awareness of youth unemployment and sharing best practices regarding this subject.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Host Institution(s): One Young World Academy in Belfast
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023:
- Applicants must be aged 18 to 34 years by the date of the One Young World 2023 Summit in October.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role (and be able to demonstrate this).
- Applicants must be nationals of and residents in one of the following countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq including the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda. Please note that candidates with refugee status are certainly eligible.
- Applicants must have a working understanding of English, as both the One Young World Summit and Enterprising Futures pre- and post-programs will be held in English.
- Applicants must be available to join the program full-time between 1 and 6 October 2023, as well as pre-and post-program dates.
Method of Application for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023
To be considered for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, applicants should submit an application online for this program.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.