WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2022-2023
The De Beers Group in partnership with WomEng which stands for Women in Engineering, a subsidiary of Wonhub are pleased to invite African young graduates to their ongoing Southern Africa Fellowship Programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The fellowship programme is aimed to develop about 4 modules which are leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond. These modules covers the following; Leadership (Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story), Innovation (Developing Skills for the Future World of Work), Well-being (Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care) and Employability (Thriving in the Workplace). Engaged fellows will be invited to networking events with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari as well as Southern Africa Fellowship Alumni represented from all three (3) countries (Botswana, Namibia or South Africa) spanning 2019 to 2022.
The WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship programme 2022 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes. The programme will be run in four (4) modules between September 2022 – March 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry.
Company/Organisation(s): De Beers Group
Program Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: South Africa, Botswana and Namibia
Program Duration: 7 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2022;
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2022 – March 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration COVID-19 restrictions and foreseen academic workloads.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Growing your community of other like-minded women in engineering and technology
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana).
Application Process for the 2022 WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme;
Interested applicant who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to complete the application online using the Online Application Portal on or before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 7 August 2022.
An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants, the successful applicants will be notified by the end of August 2022.
Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.