African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 at University of Cape Town
The African centre for cities are delightful to call on applicants who wish to take up a PhD degree to enroll for their ongoing African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships for the 2022-2023 academic session which will be held in The University of Cape Town.
The African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowship programme will be funded by Utrecht University alongside University of Cape Town as they aim at dishing out a 2 years program to enhance as well as equip African leaders into more advance decision maters.
SEE ALSO: Vice Chancellor’s Africa Scholarships 2022 at University of Dundee in UK
Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Centre for Cities, Utrecht University
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Duration: 12-24 months
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Interested applicant must have completed a doctoral degree in an area of study relevant to urban studies within the past five years (e.g. Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Geography, and related fields).
- Interested applicant must not previously have held permanent full-time professional or academic posts.
- Interested applicants should have an extensive knowledge of cities across least two different sub-regions of Africa as defined by the United Nations (Southern Africa, East Africa, Middle Africa, West Africa, and Northern Africa) and a track record of relevant research and publication.
- Interested applicant must be fluent in both spoken and written English language. Fluency in French will be an advantage.
- Interested applicant must be willing to adhere to the University’s approved policies, procedures, and practices for the postdoctoral sector.
Value and Tenure
The fellowships are valued at R350,000 per annum and are tenable for one year, renewable for a total of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress.
SEE ALSO: Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022-2023
Application Process for the African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022:
Interested applicants who meets the above eligibility criteria are expected to submit the below documents to the email of the Associate Professor Warren Smit (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before the application deadline:
- A letter of application stating your expertise, research interests, experience (particularly with regard to urban research in a least two sub-regions in Africa), and motivation for this position.
- A two-page concept note on what you see as the key sustainability challenges facing African cities, with some suggested approaches to using futuring to address those challenges.
- A CV including a list of publications/scholarly output.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Names and contact details of at least two academics who have taught, supervised, or worked alongside you.
Application Deadline: 10 June 2022
For more detail about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.