Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024
You’re welcome to apply for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024, designed for students from developing countries such as Africa. WMI, a charitable foundation in Bristol, Vermont, USA, is officially recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Typically, the Undergraduate scholarship and Postgraduate scholarship are awarded for the entire duration of the study. Nevertheless, awardees are required to uphold high academic standards, engage in community service, and adhere to WMI deadlines for submitting official school/course grades and completing semester reports.
WMI endeavors to instigate societal transformation through education and community development, offering student scholarships and skills training to talented youth in the developing world. This initiative aims to create a network of grassroots leaders who drive positive changes within their communities.
Annually, WMI extends support to students pursuing diverse educational goals, particularly at the post-secondary level (university, polytechnic, trade school). The financial assistance provided is primarily allocated to cover tuition, school fees, and directly associated costs such as books and supplies.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI)
Host Institution(s): Universities in Developing countries such as Africa
Scholarship Worth: Covers tuition fees, school fees, and related expenses
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Nationality: Developing countries such as Africa
Eligibility for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024:
- Applicants must have completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Applicants must be 35 or under on March 1, 2024.
- Applicants will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Applicants must be pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Applicants will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country.
- Applicants must have plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation.
- Applicants must have demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and have volunteered before applying.
- Applicants may have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Method of Application for the Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2024:
You can apply for this scholarship through either the online application process or by sending a completed application packet to the office via mail.
For Online Application:
- Applicants are to apply by visiting the application portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password),
- Applicants are to fill out information and upload documents. It is strongly suggested that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return it multiple times.
- Applicants will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Applicants will need to print the 2024 application form (available December 1, 2024) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it.
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on the application form)
- 2024 application form (Available from December 1, 2023)
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.