Fully Funded Beit Trust Scholarships 2024 for Africans
The Beit Trust is pleased to announce that starting in September 2023, applications will be accepted for the Beit Trust Scholarships 2024 for African students. These scholarships offer full funding and support for African students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom or South Africa. We encourage eligible students to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
The Beit Trust represents a partnership among eight universities in the United Kingdom and three universities in South Africa, working together to support individuals who are dedicated to pursuing a degree program. This collaborative effort among the universities helps distribute the financial burden, ultimately enabling the Beit Trust to sponsor more Postgraduate scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Host Institution(s): UK or South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding to cover
- Fees, tuition costs, and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Beit Trust Scholarships 2024 for Africans:
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at the undergraduate level.
Method of Application for the Fully Funded Beit Trust Scholarships 2024 for Africans:
Prospective candidates aiming to secure the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship for the 2024/25 academic year should submit their applications in accordance with the outlined procedures.
- Apply to any of the partner universities in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate work experience.
- Notify the Trust once the application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to email@example.com
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications, with all the supporting documents, are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing the date of issue and expiry.
Application Deadline: Ongoing.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.