WCSFP Emerging Producers Bursary Program 2022 Application
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers often shortened as WCSFP are pleased to invite as well as welcome highly talented and suitable applicants into their ongoing Emerging Producers Bursary Program for the 2022-2023 session.
The program is a fully funded scheme and meant for the Up-and-coming producers and content creators working in science, history, wildlife and non-fiction media a range of support including accreditation and networking opportunities for Congress ’22. The award is aimed at delivering support and aid to diverse emerging talents so at to encourage a new generation of Congress members. Producers and content creators working in all science and non-fiction media are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
The Emerging Producers Bursary recipients will be offered legacy discounts on accreditation for the 2023 and 2024 WCSFP, further allowing new members to return annually to Congress. Priority for the Full Bursary will be given to producers from emerging markets and to digital media producers/content creators.
Bursary Sponsor(s): World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP)
Bursary Worth: Full Bursary
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Up-and-coming producers
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 WCSFP Emerging Producers Bursary Program;
- Applicants must be first time WCSFP attendees
- For Tier 1 bursaries, two priorities have been identified:
- Applicants from outside the WCSFP’s traditional attendance base (i.e. outside of Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, UK, USA). AND/OR
- Applicants who have not previously attended a major international market event
- The Emerging Producer Bursary Program welcomes underrepresented voices and encourages applications from across all cultural and geographic backgrounds
- Applicants must demonstrate experience working in the science, history, wildlife or factual genres in one of the following roles: executive producer, producer, associate producer, assistant producer, or digital, gaming or social media content creator
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate that their careers are at a stage to benefit from attendance at a large international event
- Full registration for Congress ’22
- Travel and four nights accommodation
- Mentorship from a Congress veteran
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with decision makers
- Welcome session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2023 and 2024
Application Procedures for the WCSFP Emerging Producers Bursary Program 2022 Application (How to apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to submit their application by Applying Online on or before the deadline, and must provide the below supporting documents.
- A short bio
- A current CV
- A video or audio work sample (must be in English or subtitled in English)
- A letter of support from a broadcaster or senior producer OR In lieu of a letter of support, digital media content creators may submit a letter detailing their audience reach, including information on how they interact with their audiences and numbers indicating their audience and social media reach.
- An application statement which provides more information on the applicant such as:
- The applicant’s involvement in science, history or non-fiction media
- The applicant’s most recent or current projects
- The applicant’s goals for attending Congress
Application Deadline: September 09, 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.