University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship 2022 in Computer Science
The University of Stavanger are inviting highly academically PhD students who wish to further their academic study in Norway to enroll for their ongoing PhD Fellowship in Computer Science at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The fellowship program is a very high competitive scheme and involves lots of research. It’s practically a trainee position which is aimed at providing PhD international students an opportunity for academic development through education leading to a doctoral degree. The appointment is for three years with research duties exclusively, or four years with both research and 25% compulsory duties.
The successful applicants will be enrolled into the PhD program in Science and Technology which will include several education syllables relevant courses and will run for about six months of study, a dissertation based on independent research, participation in national and international research environments, relevant academic communication, a trial lecture and public defense. The KATS project is about increasing the industry’s capacity for research-based innovation to improve the safety of road tunnels domestically and internationally. The goal is to raise the multidisciplinary research, collaboration and competence capacity amongst companies, enterprises, authorities and the research environment.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of Stavanger, Norway
Host Institution(s): University of Stavanger, Norway
Fellowship Worth: NOK 491 200 gross per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship;
- Interested applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants with one year of completed university studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
- Applicants with a completed bachelor’s and / or master’s degrees taught in English in EU/EEA country.
- Applicants with a strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, ICT, telecom, C-ITS, transportation), preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
- Motivation and potential for research within the field
- Professional and personal skills for completing the doctoral degree within the timeframe
- Ability to work independently and in a team, be innovative and creative
- Ability to work structured and handle a heavy workload
- Having a good command of both oral and written English
Application Process for the University of Stavanger PhD Fellowship 2022 in Computer Science;
Interested applicants who meets above eligibility are expected to fill, complete and submit their application using the Online Application Form on or before the deadline. Below documents are also to be uploaded alongside registration.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the project and the relevance of your background and experience to the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- CV with a full summary of your education and experience
- References, academic certificates/diplomas and other documentation that you consider relevant
- Diploma Supplement or similar and a confirmed conversion scale if this is required
- Documentation on competence in English if this is required
- Publications or other relevant research work
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.