AAUW International Fellowship 2022 for International Students, USA
The AAUW is calling on high intellectual international students mainly women who wishes to study in USA to enroll for their ongoing Fellowship programme for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The fellowship opportunity is open mainly for woman who have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Successful applicants will be given award valued up-to 30,000 USD, with other stipends and benefits included. The awards are limited so it’s basically on a first come first serve basis. The opportunity is available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
The AAUW International Fellowship have been invoke for more than 100 years, practically started around 1917, and since then have build as well as empowered lots of outstanding women all over the world. The opportunity is aimed at providing aid to financial support to women who wishes to study in the United States but are not US citizens and does not have permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): AAUW, USA
Host Institution(s): AAUW, USA
Fellowship Worth: $18,000 – $30,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Full-time Graduate or Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students (Women)
Requirement and eligibility criteria for the 2022 AAUW International Fellowship program:
- Interested applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree programme or it’s equivalent from a reputable institution before the application deadline.
- Interested applicant must have a good academic records from their previous institution.
- Applicant must a female who seeks to study a full time programme in the United State.
- Interested applicant must have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Intend to devote them self full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components (see below), which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language
- International Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels and task forces.
- International Fellowships are open to scholars who identify as women, in all fields of study at an accredited institution of higher education or, for postdoctoral fellows, research. AAUW will make final decisions about what constitutes eligible institutions.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
Application Process for the AAUW International Fellowship 2022 for International Students.
Interested applicants who meets the above eligibility are expected to start their application using the Online Application Portal to create their accounts through the vendor site.
Applicant must complete all sections of the following areas:
- Recommendations, Documents & Review
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
For more details about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.