IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students is a fully funded program that supports Ph.D. students worldwide to address focused areas of interest in technology. The fellowship is one every Ph.D. student from all over the world can’t afford to miss. See full details below.
The Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program funded by IBM in collaboration with faculty, students, and universities all over the world since its inception in 1951 is designed to Acknowledge and aid outstanding Ph.D. students who tackle concentrated areas of interest in technology.
IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries. The company began in 1911 as the Computing–Tabulating–Recording Company (CTR) and was renamed “International Business Machines“ in 1924. IBM is one of the world‘s largest employers, with over 380,000 employees in over 120 countries. IBM is a major player in the technology industry, focusing on the development of computer hardware, software, and services.
Eligibility for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students:
- Applicants must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member as students cannot nominate themselves.
- Applicants must be registered as full–time students in a Ph.D. program for the entire academic year of the award.
- Applicants must have two years left in their program when nominated in order for the fellowship to cover the last two years of their program.
- Applicants from U.S. embargoed countries are not allowed to participate in the program.
- Applicants ineligible for this award are those receiving a similar fellowship, internship, or support from another organization or institution (except for academic scholarships) during the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship period.
- Applicants are not allowed to switch departments or schools during the period of the award.
Benefits of the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students:
- The total amount of awards given to universities in the United States is $40,000.
- In other countries, the amount of awards given varies from $6,000 to $25,000.
Selection criteria for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program 2023 for PhD Students:
- Each award recipient will possess great potential for research excellence and will have an IBM mentor for the whole duration of the award. All awardees are highly encouraged to intern with IBM during the period of their award and are required to have a valid student visa that complies with the requirements of the internship.
- How well does the applicants’ research match IBM‘s priorities?
- Academic standing: Grades and achievements in an academic program.
- Publications: Written works, such as books, articles, and papers, that are produced and distributed.
- Endorsements from faculty advisors and department heads: Statements of support and approval, usually in the form of written letters of recommendation, from professors and department heads.
Faculty members who are nominated must present comprehensive applications, stay active throughout the evaluation and review process, and utilize the school‘s email domain for all communication.
Application Deadline: February 17, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.