EDGE Fellowship Programme 2022 for Future Conservation Leaders
Applicants are called upon today to take a chance on the just started EDGE Fellowship Programme for the 2022-2023 academic session for future conservation leaders who wish to perfect their carrier path with the organisation. The fellowship is the only global conservation initiative to focus specifically on threatened species.
The Evolutionary Distinct and Globally Endangered which have often know as EDGE have been in existence for more then 4 decades now, and mostly run for about 2 years, with lots of opportunities opened to successful applicants. The program mostly highlights and protects some of the most wonderful species on the planet using a scientific framework to identify the world’s most Evolutionary Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) species.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Fondation Franklinia
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Early career level
Duration: 24 months
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2022 EDGE Fellowship Programme.
- Interested applicant must focus his or her work on an EDGE species which can also be seen on the 2022 curated list.
- Interested applicant must be an early-career conservation biologist or wildlife manager (usually below 10 years experience).
- Interested applicant must be a resident of a country in which the proposed focal species occurs.
Things to expect during the program:
- A 4-week conservation tools training course at the beginning of the programme to provide Fellows with essential training in techniques to plan and implement their project.
- A grant of £10,000 to undertake a 2-year project on a top-priority EDGE species.
- Ongoing technical support via online modules, web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits throughout the Fellowship.
- One-to-one support from a scientific advisor based a ZSL or a partner organisation.
- A 2-week conservation leadership training course in London on successful completion of Fellowship to help Fellows prepare for the next stage of their career.
Application Process for the EDGE Fellowship Programme 2022.
Interested applicant who meets the above eligibility are expected to tender their projects with the EDGE team which will enable and facilitate the application process. All applications will be reviewed by a panel of experts. Applicants will be informed in October 2022 of the decision.
Application Deadline: 17th July 2022
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.